Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

First post. Yippee.

Well.... after becoming enamored with about a half a million other blogs, crafty and noncrafty, I have decided to start my own. Just for the fun of it. I am calling it Fits and Starts because that is what crafting is like in my life.... I do it in fits and starts.


Lately I am obsessed with making felt donuts, acquiring more Japanese craft books, and making clothes for Blythe dolls. And lots of other things. Though often in the summer I spend more time obsessing over crafting than actually doing it. I get a lot of gardening done, and I work a LOT during the summer. Fall and winter are my nice quiet down times. Summer is just chaos.

I work for an indigenous rights organization and we put on a traveling festival of indigenous arts, handicrafts, music, food, etc. all summer long. I travel from town to town, only 5 this summer, and work them. It is fun, kind of like being in a circus. But exhausting. We have three more to go, over the next 3 weekends, and I think I might collapse as soon as the last one is done.

Anyway. That's a little bit about me. I'll start adding links and stuff soon. I have to clean now because we have couchsurfers coming tonight from Germany.

No comments: