Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

OK...a quick book review...


I just read A Page Out of Life by Kathleen Reid this weekend. Fiction that incorporates scrapbooking.... interesting! It wasn't a bad book, but the concept was better than the book itself. it had its moments, and there were a few parts that I really enjoyed, but all in all it didn't really do much for me. Some of it seemed too contrived, and the big twist was not quite believable somehow.

I also, in the start of the book, really disliked the protagonist. She seemed needlessly whiny, and a little self-involved. Towards the end I was more impressed, but it may have been a little too little, too late. The scrapbooking seemed kind of stuck in there, and didn't feel researched well. There were definitely points where everything got a bit schmaltzy.

This book will be available to purchase on April 29, 2008. It really didn't do much for me, but I am pretty picky about my fiction. However, you may love it. Sorry this isn't a more positive review. I didn't HATE it, but I didn't love it either.

No comments: