Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year, New Start!

Boy have I neglected this place. Sorry...things all went downhill fast last year.

But it's a New Year and I have started partcicipating in a new challenge to keep me busy! It's called Art Journal Everyday and it's over at this link http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/balzer_designs/art-j.html

So, that should kick start things.

Projects this year... I want to start home brewing. As soon as I get money for the start kit and equipment I am going to jump right in.

My landlord razed my garden to bare earth last summer. We have two front yards, one that I was working in and one on the other side of the duplex. That side got crazy weedy. I was clearing my weeds out as best I could. Someone in the neighborhood complained so i came home from work one day to find everything GONE. 7 year old lavender? Gone! I had finally gotten it to overwinter well too. 7 year old sage? Gone! Well established worm bin, with about 10 pounds of compost ready to harvest? GONE!

Needless to say I cried. But this year I am building a raised bed. So I'll get going on the garden wagon soon. I am going to have to start scouring freecycle and The Urban Homestead league to find new herb plants, but that will come.

So.... I can't promise I will post every week, or even every day. But I'll be here more often.

1 comment:

milkcan said...

Hooray for a new year and a new start! I'm so glad that you're participating in Art Journal Every Day!